[rt-users] ExtractCustomField Regexp Help Needed

Darren Ellis darren at mepad.net
Wed Oct 31 21:47:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am using ExtractCustomField to try to populate some custom fields by
scanning for values in the body of the incoming message.  My regexp
needs to match a starting string and then grab everything to the end
of the line.  I have the regexp working with egrep in the bash shell,
but my custom fields aren't being populated.

Here's the output of the egrep command:
[dge at squidward ~]$ egrep 'CSR Contact Name\s*([\w*|\s*])*' CSRFile
CSR Contact Name Test Customer
[dge at squidward ~]$

Here's the contents of CSRFile:
[dge at squidward ~]$ cat CSRFile
CSR Contact Name Test Customer
[dge at squidward ~]$

Here's the relevant line of my CFExtract Template (#18):
Customer Name|body|CSR Contact Name\s*([\w*|\s*])*||

Here's the contents of my Scrip (#16)
Condition:   On Create
Action:      Extract Custom Field Values
Template:    CFExtract
Stage:       TransactionCreate

I do have one working that simply grabs a number from the subject
line, so I believe that the ExtractCustomField add-on is working
properly.  Could some kind regexp/rt expert point me in the right
direction?

Thank you.

Darren

Darren Ellis