[rt-users] Error initializing database

Dummy cerberus dummycerberus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:01:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to setup RT 3.6.4 to work on RHEL4... following the howto
at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RHEL4InstallGuide I found an
error when trying to:

[root at ironman rt-3.6.4]# make initialize-database

MySQL runs on another host, which I have configured at
/opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm...

The error follows at the end of the message. Thanks in advance and best regards.

[root at ironman rt-3.6.4]# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba
root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on thor.chg as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user 'root'@'%' to
database 'rt3' at //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 353, <SCHEMA>
line 463.
Problem with statement:
 GRANT SELECT,INSERT,CREATE,INDEX,UPDATE,DELETE ON rt3.* TO
rt_user@'thor.chg' IDENTIFIED BY 'rt_user';
Access denied for user 'root'@'%' to database 'rt3' at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 354, <SCHEMA> line 463.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255