[rt-users] No scrollbars on long combobox

Dane Elwell DaneElwell at Birchwoodhigh.warrington.sch.uk
Mon Sep 10 17:57:55 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have tried this in Firefox (2.0.0.6) and IE7 - both browsers act the same, the combo box doesn't appear with a scrollbar. I have not yet tried it with IE6, but the majority of the users accessing the system will be using IE7.

I will try changing the custom field to "Select one value" - that is what I want actually but I didn't spot that in the list - but that'll have to happen first thing tomorrow as I can't get to the system at present.

If anyone has any further suggestions in the meantime they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

________________________________

From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com on behalf of Mark Sallee
Sent: Mon 10/09/2007 22:02
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] No scrollbars on long combobox

Dane,
What browser(s) have you tried? We had some similar issues with older
versions of Mozilla Firefox and our custom field for State. Updating to
the latest version (2.0.0.6) seemed to help, as well as changing the
custom field from a "Select or enter one value" to a "Select one value"
- if that works for your needs.

As for the hair loss, that is probably inevitable for those of us
working in IT!

Mark Sallee