[rt-users] Create new User: assigned ldap value to custom userfield is overwritten

Patterson, Craig crpatter at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Tue Sep 11 13:35:45 EDT 2007

I figured this one out, though I'm not crazy about my solution.  I had
to modify /rthome/share/html/Admin/Users/Modify.html(in my local
directory of course!)

Since I know the custom field id I didn't want to get overwritten, I
simply prevented it from being added to %ARGS.  There may be a more
elegant solution, but this works.  At least with this solution if we
create another custom field, it will get its value added.

        foreach my $key ( keys %ARGS) {

            # Convert custom fields on the "new" object to custom fields
on the one we've just created

            if ($key =~ /^Object-RT::User-new-CustomField-(.*)$/) {

                        unless($1 == $departmentCustFieldId){

$ARGS{'Object-RT::User-'.$val.'-CustomField-'.$1} = delete $ARGS{$key};

                        }

            }

        }