[rt-users] Failed to load valid user when Everyone has the right to CreateTicket

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Wed Sep 12 17:17:45 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 10:19 -0500, Fran Fabrizio wrote:
[...]
> Sep 10 10:04:59 cherokee RT: RT could not load a valid user, and RT's
> configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user for this
> email (username at yahoo.com).  You might need to grant 'Everyone' the
> right 'CreateTicket' for the queue general.
> (/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:243)
> Sep 10 10:04:59 cherokee RT: RT could not load a valid user, and RT's
> configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user for your
> email. (/usr/local/rt-3.6.4/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:243)
[...]

Fran -
    Are you _sure_ that CreateTicket has been granted to RT's "Everyone"
group for your "general" queue? This log snippet would seem to indicate
otherwise.

    In our system, it took me a while to figure out a similar problem
because my email preprocessor (procmail) was occasionally specifying the
wrong queue when it invoked /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate. I spent a long time
not noticing the "queue general" part because I was working on the
"support" queue...

	Cheers,
		Ole
--