[rt-users] rt-3.4.5 odd problem

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:17:01 EDT 2007

Hello all - I just came upon a very odd problem with one of my rt
installs.  This is rt-3.4.5, running on apache-2.0.58, mod_perl-2.0.2,
and mysql-4.0.18.

This install has been around for several years.  This morning, it
started doing the following:

1. New ticket notifications have stopped.
2. Our users create tickets via email, and it has stopped pulling the
details of the email into the Ticket.
3. When you view the ticket, you see the following in the ticket history:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/anderiv/rt.jpg?t=1190923984

No details at all.

If I pull up a ticket from before this happened, the ticket history
looks similar (no details), but you can click on "show" next to any of
the items that spawned an outgoing email message and it'll show that
information.

This feels like a database issue to me, but I haven't been able to
track it down.  Apache and mysql have both been restarted.  I have
another RT instance using the same mysql instance, and it's running
fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-erik