[rt-users] Question on display of dates on queries

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 1 16:25:41 EDT 2008

At Tuesday 4/1/2008 04:10 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>Steve,
>

>         I'll check it out and if I can get it to work, I'll
> certainly pass it on.
>

>Kenn
>LBNL

Here's what we've done to display different date formats on the search results:

1. New callback:

$RT_HOME/local/html/Callbacks/xxxxx/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap

Contents of this callback:

<%ARGS>
$COLUMN_MAP => undef
</%ARGS>

<%init>
$COLUMN_MAP->{'CreatedShort'} = {
         title     => 'Created',
         attribute => 'Created',
         value     => sub {
             return ("Not set") if ($_[0]->CreatedObj->Unix <= 0);
             my ($date, $time) = split(' ', $_[0]->CreatedObj->ISO);
             my ($y, $m, $d) = split ('-', $date);

             return "$m/$d/$y";
         }
     };
</%init>

2. In html/Search/Elements/BuildFormatString, find the definition of
@fields and add "CreatedShort" to it:

e.g. before:

my @fields = qw(
   id
   Status
   ExtendedStatus
   Subject
   QueueName

after:

my @fields = qw(
   id
   Status
   ExtendedStatus
   Subject
   CreatedShort
   QueueName

The callback will format the field as MM/DD/YY. The mod to
BuildFormatString will make "CreatedShort" appear in Query Builder in
the list of fields that can be added to the results.

I only showed the part of our mods that provide a shortened "Created"
date - you can extend this for any of the ticket dates.

Steve