[rt-users] LDAP

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Apr 3 06:17:06 EDT 2008

andrew fay wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am running ubuntu 7.10 with RT 3.6.4 with a mysql database and postfix,
>
> I am trying to allow for LDAP authentication with our windows 2000
> server that has active directory on it,
>
> I have followed this guide :
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/LDAP
>
> from new installations, but I am getting nothing,
>
> Any ideas?

Which method of the three are you using?

> where would I find a log for LDAP ? I can't find any logs for
> request-tracker for that matter.. in /var/log/request-tracker3.6 there
> are no files and in /var/log/syslog it only has log in info for RT,

It kinda depends on your distribution.. I generally install RT manually
and therefore the logs sit neatly in $RTHOME/var/log/rt.log

Have you set the LogToFileNamed option in RT_SiteConfig.pm?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,

You're welcome to stop by #rt on irc.perl.org where I'm happy to provide
interactive assistance.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com