[rt-users] How can customer (requester) set the priority of tickets.

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 3 13:29:46 EDT 2008

Armaghan,

	The only way I know of to allow a "requestor" to see what is on their
ticket is to grant "SeeQueue" and "ShowTicket" globally to the role
"Requestor". As to modifying a ticket. Well, We usually don't let anyone
do that to a ticket except the owner, but if you wanted to do that, then
also grant "ModifyTicket" globally to the role "Requestor" as well. The
only drawback to the last right is that granting the "ModifyTicket"
right means the requestor can modify a BUNCH of other fields. We got
around that by creating a Custom Field named "Need-By Date" to all
tickets, set the format to only allow mm/dd/yyyy and then granted the
"ModifyCustomField" and "SeeCustomField" rights to the user-defined
groups that contain a sub-set of customers that are allowed to be
requestors for a particular queue (we have over 75 support-specific
queues). Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL