[rt-users] A hoary goat.

Robert Logan bert at p3rf3ct.com
Fri Apr 4 06:01:00 EDT 2008

Long time listener 1st time caller ....

A few snippets of advice required please.

Ive just started at a new post and have been tasked to look after the RT
system here. Its version 3.1.4 and fairly vanilla in setup.

I intend to take this (2005) system and move it to the latest, with a
hardware and OS/Db update as well. Im assuming that the upgrade to 3.6.6
(current) will be more or less painless (follow the guide), but I'd like
some pointers to making changes thereafter in terms of custom forms for
ticket submission (various custom fields) and any caveats anyone has ..

MY RT history is one of installs and very simple setups of v3 RTs (on
slackware - so I know how to mess with stuff) and a lot of time with RT2
back in the day.

Any pointers will be much appreciated

bert