[rt-users] installing on RHEL4

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Fri Apr 4 16:20:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 14:17 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Can someone elaborate on this issue?  Are there other problems to be
> expected from RPM-packaged perl modules or is this a case of mixing CPAN
> and rpm packages?

Sounds like a case of mixing source installs on a RPM distro.  Usually,
if one has no choice, this works okay, but obviously sometimes there
will be issues.

I'd recommend using rpmforge to get all the dependencies for RT
resolved. I asked them to add some packages a while ago just for RT, and
now I can get everything in RPM form.  I only install RT itself from the
tar.gz now.

Regards,

Ranbir

--