[rt-users] Intergration with LDAP

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Apr 9 10:08:39 EDT 2008

Nelson Pereira wrote:
> I'm sorry Mike, I guess I did not read your email correctly. Truly
> sorry.
> I guess I was impatient to get this working right and just got
> frustrated...
> Now this morning, I'm more relaxed, enjoying a coffee...
>
> So I changed what you suggested and when login in, I get this error:
>
> System error
> error:  Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
> /opt/rt3/local/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm line 56.
>
> context:  ...
> 52:  $RT::Logger->debug( (caller(0))[3],
> 53:  "Trying External authentication");
> 54:
> 55:  # Get the prioritised list of external authentication services
> 56:  my @auth_services = @$RT::ExternalAuthPriority;
> 57:
> 58:  # For each of those services..
> 59:  foreach my $service (@auth_services) {
> 60:

> Here is the RT_SiteConfig.pm :
>
> Set($AuthMethods, ['LDAP', 'Internal']);
> Set($LdapExternalAuth, 1);
> Set($LdapExternalInfo, 1);
> Set($LdapAutoCreateNonLdapUsers, 1);
>
> Regards,
>
> Nelson Pereira

You're mixing and matching config settings. You have got the above
config settings which are for Jim Meyer's User_Local overlay, but the
settings needed for RT::Authen::ExternalAuth are not the same.

This config setting:
Set($AuthMethods, ['LDAP', 'Internal']);

Has been replaced by these:
Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority, ['My_LDAP']);

This is because Info and Auth are treated as separate services, even
though you plan to use the same service for both, and now Internal
authentication is ALWAYS checked and ALWAYS checked last so the list you
specify cannot contain Internal.

Because of this, $LdapExternalAuth and $LdapExternalInfo are both
irrelevant and not used as well as LdapAutoCreateNonLdapUsers as they
have all been replaced.

Double check what you have against the RT_SiteConfig.pm that comes with
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth. If it's related to LDAP and is NOT in the
sample config file I provided, then it shouldn't be in your config.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com