[rt-users] question about watchers

Aaron Sallade asallade at PTSOWA.ORG
Wed Apr 9 12:58:43 EDT 2008

Nelson,

I'm not sure how well it will work in your organization, but you may
want to structure things based more on a Service Delivery and Support
model, ala ITIL -

Make a Queue named "Helpdesk" and have that be the default queue for all
tickets. By default they are assigned to "nobody". So you can make a
saved search on the homepage that views all Helpdesk tickets assigned to
nobody. Your "Helpdesk Staff" (whomever you decide should triage
tickets) can then go through, resolve any items that they can and set
the appropriate queue and priority on the remaining items.

Our queues are Helpdesk, Systems, Applications, and Projects. Set the
appropriate watchers on each queue.

If you don't have a dedicated Helpdesk or First Call person, then use
your emergency on call rotation to determine who is responsible for
triaging new tickets.

I have attached a copy of the process that my team uses for Helpdesk,
feel free to plagiarize it.

Aaron Sallade'
Application Manager
PTSO of Washington
"Shared Technology for Community Health"
(206) 613-8938 Desk
(206) 521-8833 Main
(206) 613-5078 Fax
asallade at ptsowa.org