[rt-users] Need help on an approval queue

Nelson Pereira npereira at protus.com
Thu Apr 10 13:03:10 EDT 2008

Ok, I created an approval queue and need some special functions to
happen.

The workflow is like this:

1)       A network Services Admin sends an email which RT put's into the
approval queue.

2)       I have setup the script to create an approval ticket.

3)       Manager is to login and click on Approval link and approve the
ticket.

The problem I'm seeing here is that the manager needs to click on the
original ticket the admin created, then click on the Link'ed approval
ticket created,

Then take ownership and open the ticket. Then he needs to go to the
approval Link on top to approve the approval ticket...?!?

This is way to many steps....

So how can I make a newly created ticket in the Approval Queue, setup
ownership of that ticket to the requestor.

Then have RT create an approval ticket and setup the ownership to the
manager and change the status to opened.

This way, the manager will get an email saying an approval ticket is
opened, he will login, click on Approval Link and approve the ticket....

Thanks

Nelson Pereira
Senior Network Administrator

Protus IP Solutions Inc.
npereira at protus.com
phone: 613.733.0000 ext.528
MyFax: 613.822.5083
www.myfax.com

Refer your friends and colleagues to MyFax!
Click here for more information.
<http://www.myfax.com/referral_program.asp>

  <http://www.myfax.com>