[rt-users] trying to use RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.05 - problems finding config options

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Apr 11 04:32:33 EDT 2008

Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am getting the following error when I try to update a password for an
> account in my RT instance.

Is it JUST when you try to update a password? Or when attempting login too?

It certainly *seems* like you've got everything set up right, unless
there's something small somewhere that's gone wrong.. I would suggest
doing a:

use Data::Dumper;
$RT::Logger->debug(Dumper(@$RT::ExternalAuthPriority));

Just to see if you can confirm that User_Vendor.pm is able to pick up
the config option.. but it certainly seems like it can't, hence the
"undefined value".

This is a LOOOONG shot, but the e-mail you sent is wrapped at so few
characters, most things are dropping to new lines and I noticed that the
wrapping didn't wrap @$RT::ExternalAuthPriority as one word, but wrapped
it like this:

@
$RT::ExternalAuthPriority

You haven't been trawling the file and accidentally added a space in
there have you?
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com