[rt-users] SOLVED? LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS error with 'ExternalAuth' extension

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Apr 11 06:01:54 EDT 2008

Mike Peachey wrote:
> James Treleaven wrote:
>> The username/password pair that I specified in the script are fine,
>> however.
>
> Everybody!! :
>
> "OH NO IT ISN'T!"
>
>> LDAP MESSAGE: LDAP_PP_PASSWORD_EXPIRED
>
> This is the error message being returned by Net::LDAP when attempting to
> bind to your AD server.

I'm feeling nice, so I'm going to code around this in v0.06

There will be a new config option called AllowExpiredPasswords or
similar and if set to true it will consider LDAP_PP_PASSWORD_EXPIRED a
successful bind, but log a warning that a user with an expired passsword
has logged in.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com