[rt-users] race condition with scrips updating db?

Chris Haumesser ch at awry.ws
Mon Apr 14 16:38:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using the ExtractCustomFieldValues extension to extract an email
address out of the body of a message and set it as the requestor of the
ticket.

My template first removes the original requestor from the ticket, then
adds the new address as a requestor.  In the RT history for the ticket,
I see this work correctly.

My Extraction scrip has a description '00_extract_fields' and the
autoreply scrip has a description '20_autoreply_on_create'.  The scrips
appear to be firing in the proper order (00_extract_fields first, then
20_autoreply_on_create).  Nevertheless, the outgoing email in the
autoreply picks up the address of the first requestor.

My theory is that this is a race condition: the autoreply scrip is
properly firing after the extract scrip, but the extract scrip hasn't
finished updating the database by the time the autoreply scrip starts.

Is there a way to test this theory and fix the problem?

Thanks,

-C-