[rt-users] disable User_Vendor

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Apr 15 17:17:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 21:38 +0100, Mike Peachey wrote:
> Matt Zagrabelny wrote:

[...]

> > So, what are the ways of disabling User_Vendor and which are preferred
> > (or best) ?
>

> I suppose I ought to put in a global variable to enable/disable all
> ExternalAuth settings, you're not the first to enquire, but for the
> moment, there isn't one.
>
> To stop it from being used for the moment you must rename or remove
> /usr/local/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm (you can just
> move it to User_Vendor.bak instead of deleting it). And you must also
> remove the autohandler Auth callback. I'm not sure where this will be in
> your distribution, but in a manual single-directory install it would be
> $RTHOME/share/html/Callbacks/ExternalAuth/autohandler/Auth. Callbacks
> don't quite work the same as overlays so you are better off just
> deleting this one for now and replacing it later.

That explains the error I get when I log in. :)

RT::User::UpdateFromExternal Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands.
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/html/Callbacks/ExternalAuth/autohandler/Auth line 73)

[...]

> I will try to remember to build a global enable/disable variable into
> v0.06, but feel free to raise a ticket in rt.cpan.org to remind me.

Done.

Thanks Mike!

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe at d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot