[rt-users] I've asked the beginner perl group but no one responded

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Apr 16 09:57:51 EDT 2008

Vivek Khera wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2008, at 5:45 PM, Mathew wrote:
>> I'm not installing RT via RPM.  That's something that is unnecessary
>> and not preferable.  I just need to know how to install the three
>> modules.
>>
>> Vivek Khera wrote:
>>> Then don't install it by hand; use a package manager for whatever
>>> OS  you've got and install the RT package from that.
>>>

> Then your goal of making it painless as possible for future
> generations is not going to be met.

I disagree. Distribution packaging systems cause a LOT of RT problems.
Manual installation or platform-independent packaging is a much better
way of managing RT and using CPAN to perform perl installations is by
far the best automatable method.

While I do not know the answer to the original question, the goal is a
laudable one and the plan seems sound.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com