[rt-users] Requestor or Owner

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Apr 17 14:00:16 EDT 2008

It's really up to you how you want to handle how people are associated to a
ticket.  With that said, typically the person 'opening' the ticket or
making the request is the requestor.

The owner of the ticket is the person that is working the ticket or that
the ticket is assigned to.  You can very easily modify the requestor (or
populate the field when the ticket is created) field by changing the email
address to who should be the requestor, ie, the person who should have
opened the ticket in the first place.

James Moseley

             "John  BORIS"
             <jboris at adphila.o
             rg>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       [rt-users] Requestor or Owner

             04/17/2008 12:54
             PM

This may be a simple question but is the Requestor (person who submits
the ticket) the same as the owner?  I usually enter tickets when Users
contact me or I am starting a project and want to track it in RT. But
now I want the user who contacted me to be the person who would have
emailed the request into RT or even filled out a form for the request.
So do I make that person the owner of the ticket or a watcher?

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"