[rt-users] Requestor or Owner

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Thu Apr 17 14:24:41 EDT 2008

Thanks.
After I sent the email I started looking around and saw where I can add
the person's to the ticket as the requestor. I couldn't find this as a
field to enter when I first looked at the ticket.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"

>>> "Ruslan Zakirov" <ruz at bestpractical.com> 4/17/2008 2:21 PM >>>
Watchers - people around ticket, who is in any way interested in the
ticket.
Requestor - people who is interested in the ticket to be resolved.
Owner - one and only one person at a time who works hard to resolve the
ticket.
Cc, AdminCc - people as well interested in the ticket, but these group
are flexible and can be used in many ways, depends on workflow.

<rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
>              rt-users-bounces@
  cc
>              lists.bestpractic
>              al.com
Subject
>                                        [rt-users] Requestor or Owner
>
>              04/17/2008 12:54
>              PM
>

>  This may be a simple question but is the Requestor (person who
submits
>  the ticket) the same as the owner?  I usually enter tickets when
Users
>  contact me or I am starting a project and want to track it in RT.
But
>  now I want the user who contacted me to be the person who would
have
>  emailed the request into RT or even filled out a form for the
request.
>  So do I make that person the owner of the ticket or a watcher?
>
>  John J. Boris, Sr.
>  JEN-A-SyS Administrator
>  Archdiocese of Philadelphia
>  "Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
>  Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"
>
>  Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
>  Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com
>

>  Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly
Media.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.