[rt-users] error upgrading from 3.4.5 to 3.6.4 (viaetc/upgrade/3.5.1 script)

Sean McCreadie smccreadie at CanyonPartners.com
Fri Apr 18 14:16:53 EDT 2008

I had the same issue several months ago and was never able to get my 3.4
database to upgrade to 3.6.  It seemed like the script that was provided
was wrong in some way and I could never get it upgraded to the 3.5
schema.  Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I would love to get my old
ticket in use again!  Thanks in advance.

Sean

From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Trenton
Taylor
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:30 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] error upgrading from 3.4.5 to 3.6.4
(viaetc/upgrade/3.5.1 script)

I'm trying to upgrade my RT system from 3.4.5 to 3.6.4 via:

# command:

/opt/rt3.6/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema \ --datadir
etc/upgrade/3.5.1 --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password

But I am getting this error:

#:

Creating database schema.

Problem with statement:

CREATE TABLE Attachments (

  id INTEGER NOT NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT,

  TransactionId integer NOT NULL  ,

  Parent integer NOT NULL DEFAULT 0  ,

  MessageId varchar(160) NULL  ,

  Subject varchar(255) NULL  ,

  Filename varchar(255) NULL  ,

  ContentType varchar(80) NULL  ,

  ContentEncoding varchar(80) NULL  ,

  Content LONGTEXT NULL  ,

  Headers LONGTEXT NULL  ,

  Creator integer NOT NULL DEFAULT 0  ,

  Created DATETIME NULL  ,

  PRIMARY KEY (id)

) TYPE=InnoDB

Table 'Attachments' already exists at /opt/rt3.6/sbin/rt-setup-database
line 220, <SCHEMA> line 464.

Thanks in advance -

Trent

Important: The information contained in this e-mail message is
confidential and is intended only for the named addressee(s). If the
reader of this e-mail message is not an intended recipient (or the
individual responsible for the delivery of this e-mail message to an
intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail message in error, please reply to the sender
that you have received the message in error and then delete it. Thank
you.