[rt-users] Custom Fields containing HTML being rendered?!

Simon Jester sklutch at hostile.org
Mon Apr 21 15:30:12 EDT 2008

Hello everyone!

I recently began the process of switching over my users from a 3.6.3 RT
frontend to a 3.6.5 frontend and discovered something that surprised me.

If I copy/paste in a packet which contains HTML, RT does it's best to render
this data when displaying the contents of the custom field.  That doesn't
happen in the 3.6.3 code, so something has been "tweaked" that I need to "un-
tweak".  :)

Doing a straight diff comparison of the Display.htm files shows that the code
for that file was reorg'd past the point of my admittedly poor python/perl
skills.

Is this behavior intentional?

sklutch