[rt-users] Timer for TimeWorked

Aaron Sallade asallade at PTSOWA.ORG
Mon Apr 21 18:24:24 EDT 2008

Also,

The function "display" is self referencing, but I see nothing that calls
it the first time. Maybe an onload event is needed?

Aaron Sallade'
Application Manager
PTSO of Washington
"Shared Technology for Community Health"
(206) 613-8938 Desk
(206) 521-8833 Main
(206) 613-5078 Fax
asallade at ptsowa.org <mailto:asallade at ptsowa.org>

________________________________

From: Greg Evans [mailto:gevans at hcc.net]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 2:36 PM
To: 'RT Users'
Subject: [rt-users] Timer for TimeWorked

Hello all,

I am attempting to implement a timer for the "TimeWorked" field so that
technicians do not have to manually enter the time worked on each ticket
(from creation to close). I have created two timers, one in perl and one
in javascript (ok, I borrowed the one in javascript). They both work
just fine when tested. The Javascript one works on a webpage, and the
perl one works from the CLI.

I cannot, for the life of me, make either one work with RT.  The code is
below. It probably could be done better, but hey I didn't write the
code, just borrowed it:

<script type = "text/javascript">

<!--

var seconds=0

var minutes=0

var hours=0

function display(){

if (seconds>=60){

seconds=0

minutes+=1

else if (minutes>59){

seconds=0

minutes=0

hours+=1

}

else

seconds+=1

document.TicketUpdate.UpdateTimeWorked.value=hours+":"+minutes+":"+secon
ds

setTimeout("display()",1000)

display()

}

//-->

</script>

The HTML part:

<form action="Update.html" name="TicketUpdate"

        method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<&|/l&>Worked</&>: <input size="8" name="UpdateTimeWorked" />

I put all of this into /opt/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Update.html and was
hoping to do something Similar in Create.html

Any ideas and any help appreciated

Regards,

Greg Evans

Hood Canal Communications