[rt-users] Multiple faces for single queue?

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Mon Apr 21 23:08:32 EDT 2008

Hi list,

Is there an existing solution to have a single queue (used for product
support) to be used for multiple clients? In our case, different
clients require different support email addresses and ticket auto-
response messages, but all other queue behavior, watchers, scrips etc
is the same.

I'm sure it would not be difficult to, on ticket creation, parse the
incoming messages for a "To:" header and set a "Client" custom field
based on this. Then for all other actions (auto response, etc), we
could use this custom field to look up the appropriate templates.
However, I was wondering if this had already been done, as it seems
like it would be a common RT usage scenario.

Regards,
Tom