[rt-users] RT not generating email for CCs/AdminCCs

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 23 08:59:31 EDT 2008

At Tuesday 4/22/2008 05:37 PM, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
>I am still stuck trying to have the CC field working (not the watcher): .
>
>According to the log, my added scrip (On Resolve Notify Other
>Recipients with template Resolved) is called but no emails are going
>out for the CC field: 'No recipients found. Not sending.'.
>
>On the other hand, the default scrip #9 (On Comment Notify Other
>Recipients as Comment with template Correspondence) works for the CC
>field (if some text is present in the Message box).
>
>What am I missing?
>
>Thierry

Thierry,

The issue is that there's no way in the UI to specify "other
recipients" for a resolve transaction. The "other recipients" actions
can only be used in the context of a reply or comment. It's not
immediately obvious, but if you resolve the ticket from
Ticket/Update.html, there are two transactions in play - a comment
(if you enter something in the message box) and a resolve. The other
recipients you enter in the Cc/Bcc fields apply to the comment, not
the resolve.

Steve