[rt-users] Best way to track tickets related to an rtfm article?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 23 15:08:32 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Steve Seremeth wrote:

> Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it sure seems like one, since
> the middle process ends in what I would expect (and hope for!) so that
> we could report out on numbers of tickets resolved with the same
> canned
> response -- another easy way of seeing how frequently a given
> problem is
> causing our team a headache.  I would expect that using an RTFM by any
> of the three means would end in tying the response to the RTFM article
> via the RefersTo field.

Would you mind reporting this to rtfm-bugs at bestpractical.com so
we can have a look and see about fixing it in the dev branch?

> Along these same lines -- can someone point me to something that would
> allow me to change the formatting of responses such that RTFM articles
> aren't always included at the top of the response?  This is especially
> important when there is the initial user inquiry and respondant's
> signature below.

The code that adds in the output lives in html/Callbacks/RTFM/Elements/
MessageBox/Default
but when you look at where that code is called from Elements/
MessageBox you'll see that
you're going to have to do a bit of work to get it to show up anywhere
but at the start of the box.

-kevin