[rt-users] User asked for an unknown update type for customfield Category for RT

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 23 16:32:44 EDT 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 7:01 PM, Aaron Sallade wrote:

> This happens when you have a custom field select with categories set
> in
> the custom field items. It is supposed to group the items into
> categories. What happens is that the UI doesn't select the category
> drop
> down in the custom field with the selected value from the database, so
> it throws an error. The only work around I have seen is to manually
> select the category as well as the line item from the CF each time you
> do an edit.

I have *never* been able to duplicate this on 3.6.6, even when not
selecting a category.  This includes trying on IE6, IE7, firefox and
safari.

If someone wants to apply the following patch and send me the enhanced
error message it might help me figure out what is going on.

I might also ask you for information about your custom field, but to
start
the error output and some brower info would help.

-kevin