[rt-users] can users be prevented from editing 'RT at a glance'?

Chad Adlawan tsadi.a at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:01:15 EDT 2008

Hello Chris,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Chris Fabri <fabric at northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> This is the "modify self" right, which can be applied on a per group or
> per user basis in the global rights sections respectively.  Remove this
> right, and users won't be able to update RT-at-a-Glance, and probably
> some other items related.

The user I was trying things out with have "*No rights granted*" in all
Global Group Rights and Global User Rights. My RT installation is an almost
fresh install that contains no modifications of any kind except 1 thing: i
gave the system group "Everyone" the right to Comment, Create and Reply to
Tickets, and also SeeQueue for the queue "General".

In short, what I observed is that being able to edit RT-at-a-glance is
something that comes default to all users even if they have zero rights
granted in almost all areas except queue specific rights.

I'm sending another email in this thread to explain better why I need to
restrict my users this right - hopefully that will make my dilemma much
clearer to you.

Thanks you very much for your reply.

Thanks!
Chad