[rt-users] Popup Calendar

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 28 10:21:41 EDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 11:30 PM, Stephen Cochran wrote:

> Running 3.6.3.
>
> I think I finally found the "advanced" view for a new ticket
> creation, it's only available when signed in as a privlidged users.
>
> Using the self service interface, I've added the html to display and
> enter a due date. The problem now is that the popup window to select
> a date is not working for an unprivlidged user; looks like a
> permissions problem.
>
> I copied /Elements/SelectDate to /SelfSerivce/Elements/SelectDate to
> see if that would solve the problme, but no joy.

That widget calls a date selection popup that's outside the document
root an untrusted user is allowed to see. You'll need to do a bit more
advanced hackery to either clone the popup to /SelfService/ (and make
a customised version of SelectDate which knows about it) or to modify
the RT "NoAuth" regexp in the RT_Config file.

> Is there a simple way to get the date picker to work in the Self-
> Service interface?
>
> I'm getting the impression that not many people are using the self-
> service interface, that true?

Certainly, many of our client use it. And many of the sites I've seen
in the field who aren't our clients also use it.