[rt-users] Any BenchMarkings??

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 03:21:04 EDT 2008

On 1 Aug 2008, at 8:09 am, Gaurav Ghimire wrote:

> I found that ubuntu has pre-built packages for the purpose but I
> think building it on self would be more better compared to those apt
> installs, though recommendations come first!! :)

My current production RT uses the packages of 3.4.2 which came with
Debian Sarge.  That worked fine, and the package maintainers have
worked hard to make sure you can still customise it sensibly.

I'm currently evaluating RT 3.8.0, on an Etch system.  Obviously there
are no pre-built debs this time, so I'm doing it the normal way.  It's
worth noting that RT 3.8 requires several perl modules at a more
recent revision than that available in Etch, so I had to upgrade
them.  In Ubuntu Hardy Heron, you might have more luck, since that's
more recent, and it may work out of the box, although you'll probably
still have to install some perl modules which Debian (and therefore
probably Ubuntu) don't have packaged yet.

> I have not found to my record but does RT has any issues with vm
> machines (any one ever encountered issues with virtual machines).

I don't see why it should.  It's usually pretty hard to tell you're on
a virtual machine at all, let alone finding any problems with it.

Tim