[rt-users] Problems installing RT 3.8 on Centos 5.2 with FastCGI

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Fri Aug 1 04:16:01 EDT 2008

On 24/07/2008, at 8:21 AM, Sean McCreadie wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the help on this so far.  I was able to get
> fastcgi compiled correctly, I think, but when I go to start Apache I
> get this error now:
>
> Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
> Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 210 of /etc/httpd/conf/
> httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/
> FastCGI.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_fastcgi.so into
> server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_fastcgi.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>                                                           [FAILED]
>

> I followed the Wiki for RHEL4 and the advice in this email trail and
> it seemed to work flawlessly until I tried to start the service.
> Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again

Sean,

Looks like you're building 32 bit mod_fastcgi but your system is 64
bit. If on x86_64 bit you should be building mod_fastcgi against /usr/
lib64/httpd, not /usr/lib/httpd.

Not familiar with the instructions in the wiki but I built some
mod_fastcgi RPMS and wrote a spec file for our CentOS 5 environments.
I can provide you with a src RPM and x86_64 RPM for mod_fastcgi-2.4.6
off-list if you need (100k each).

Regards,
Tom

--