[rt-users] Problems installing RT 3.8 on Centos 5.2 with FastCGI

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Mon Aug 4 00:04:59 EDT 2008

On 02/08/2008, at 4:07 AM, Sean McCreadie wrote:

> Tom,
>
> The 64 bit RPM's would be a big help.  This is the first time I have
> built a 64 bit RT server, and im lost on a few points like this.
> Thanks
> a lot for the reply and help!
>
> Sean

Hi Sean,

No problems; I've put the 64 bit mod_fastcgi RPM online here:

http://kuat.netspot.com.au/~tom/mod_fastcgi-2.4.6-2.x86_64.rpm

I built this on CentOS 5.1 but tested on 5.2 also. RT on CentOS 5 is
fairly straight forward, I built a custom perl 5.10.0 in /opt/ to try,
but it works fine with the default CentOS 5.8.x perl. The simplest way
to get all of the module dependencies installed is to install from
CPAN rather than trying to find RPM packages for them all. I used
something like this to install the modules required:

# cd rt-3.8.0
# RT_FIX_DEPS_CMD='/opt/perl5.10.0/bin/perl -MCPANPLUS -e "install
%s"' make fixdeps

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Tom