[rt-users] Mysql question

chaim.rieger at gmail.com chaim.rieger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:05:23 EDT 2008

Does anyone know of a tool (ideally Linux command line, and ideally
ideally with source or PowerPC binary package(s) available) that grab
a partial snapshot of a MySQL database?  Trying to setup a development
server that obviously can't hit the 'live' database, but don't want
to, even periodically, replicate a 60+ GB database if I don't have to,
especially when I only really need a few hundred rows from each table
to do what I need to do.

If a tool exists that can retain and, follow
referential relationships (e.g., grab the first XXX rows from this
table, and all the HAS_A and HAS_MANY rows linked to those XXX
rows) ... ?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile