[rt-users] Rt at Glance and upgrade from 3.2.1 to 3.8.0

Jean-Michel Barbet Jean-Michel.Barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr
Wed Aug 6 08:33:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have been using RT 3.2.1 for several years now and it proved very
robust and useful. I am now considering upgrading to a newer release
and I selected 3.8.0 though it is quite new.

I installed a new server :
The platform is Scientific Linux 5.2 which is a clone of RedHat EL 5.2.

I managed to resolve all perl dependencies : the maximum with a
meta-package I wrote and the remaining 4 or 5 via CPAN.

I loaded my current 3.2.1 database into the new 3.8.0 and performed
the upgrade procedure with "make upgrade".

It seems OK but the first noticeable thing is the RT at Glance page
which is empty for all users. We used to have the list of unowned
tickets and the listed of tickets owned by the logged user for
the only queue we have. These elements are not available in the
list.

=> The questions are  :

a) Is it normal ?

b) I created a system-wide saved search and it was avalable in the
    list, so, I suppose these Elements should correspond to predefined
    searches... Do I have to create these searches myself ?
    If yes, how do I create a generic search for "Tickets I own" ?

c) In general : what is the logic to make Elements available in the
    list for RT at a Glance ?

Thanks.

JM

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr