[rt-users] Cleanly customize with images

Peterson, Erik epeterson at edc.org
Wed Aug 6 13:57:26 EDT 2008

So in upgrading to 3.8, I noticed that our logo disappeared.  I knew that I
had been following best practices (or at least trying to) by using my
$RTHOME/local directory to change elements, etc.  but the images seem to be
stored and served out of share instead of local.  I found two old threads:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-March/007465.html
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2007-July/047160.html

Both of which didn¹t have any responses, so I thought maybe I¹d try to see
if anything has changed in the RT way to handle this.

The wiki has a method to change your logo which works quite well:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ChangeLogo

But the first thing to do is to copy your image into
share/html/NoAuth/images/ which seems to be contrary to CleanlyCustomizeRT
practices.

Is the best option to simply set a $LocalWebImagesURL configuration variable
to use in the place of $WebImagesURL?  To hard code it?  To put images in
share?  Create a symlink between /share/html/NoAuth and /local/html/NoAuth?
None of the above?

Thanks for any ideas or your best practices.

_Erik

--
Erik Peterson
Education Development Center, Inc.