[rt-users] Search problem with RT 3.8.0

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 8 13:10:37 EDT 2008

In 3.8.0 fulltext search on mysql is case sensitive and we can not do
anything about that at this point. We either have to use external
fulltext indexing service like Sphinx or by refactoring our DB to
split binary and text content and using MyISAM (not transactional)
table for text as mysql's InnoDB engine doesn't support fulltext

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:28 PM, William Hayes
<William.Hayes at biogenidec.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've recently upgraded from version 3.6, and I've noticed problems with
> search (though it may be that I'm just taking a harder look at the
> functionality).
>
> When searching for 'fulltext:wsj'  using the Simple Search form, we get 3
> hits.  When searching using the 'Edit Search' with the following search
> string 'Content like "WSJ"', we get 63 results.  Many of the missing hits
> from the first to the second search are from hits against the Subject field
> of the ticket.  I also couldn't find a reference on the wiki/documentation
> site for the Simple Search syntax.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> William

Best regards, Ruslan.