[rt-users] Rt at Glance and upgrade from 3.2.1 to 3.8.0

Jean-Michel Barbet Jean-Michel.Barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr
Tue Aug 12 02:16:00 EDT 2008

Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

> The problem of having an empty "RT at Glance" page is now fixed.
> But I have problems with accents not displayed correctly (see
> at the end).

The problem with accents is fixed. It seems I was already using
the utf8 character set under RT 3.2.1 and Mysql 4.0
(Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)).

With 2 modifications to the operating procedure I gave, the
accents are correct :

a) I no longer use the --default-character-set=binary when loading
    the data dumped from RT 3.2.1 :

    mysql -u root -p  < ~/rt3-migrate.sql

b) I added the following line at the top of the dump rt3-migrate.sql
    right after the create database instruction :

    ALTER DATABASE rt3 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

Thanks especially to d.tbsky for support and clues.

JM Barbet

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr