[rt-users] RT 3.8 New Installation, migrating existing 3.6 database

Helmuth Ramirez HelmuthRamirez at compupay.com
Thu Aug 14 13:33:43 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
I just installed a fresh copy of 3.8 (new server).  It is up and
running.  I want to use the data in my existing 3.6.3 db on it.  I
dumped and copied my db over to the new server, I restored it.  Good so
far.  I now want to update it to make sure its 3.8 friendly (though I
can log in and view my old tickets on it now).
I was looking through the upgrade docs and archives put I can't seem to
get the upgrade working properly.  When I try this:

rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade

I get this:

In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
connect to your  mysql instance on localhost as root
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type:   mysql
Host:   localhost
Name:   rt3
User:   rt_user
DBA:    root
Couldn't finish 'upgrade' step.

ERROR: Couldn't read dir './etc/upgrade' with upgrade data

I'm sure its something small I'm overlooking (I hope).  Any advice would
be great.

Cheers!