[rt-users] Using rt-crontool to send Timed Notifications

Dave Wells dave.wells at foreshore.net
Mon Aug 18 03:58:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

We are using rt-crontool to send timed notifications based on different
criteria either to owners of tickets or queue groups after a period of
inactivity in some form.

The way we do this is to use RT::Action::RecordComment
<http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RecordComment>  as the action of
rt-crontool to add a comment to the ticket using a template and also
email the owner or queue group.

However I have been asked if there is any way that everything can run as
before with mails being sent to owner/queue group but without the
comment on the ticket being added. I have attempted using SendEmail or
Notify as the action for rt-crontool but it does not seem to work at
all.

Does anyone know where i am going wrong or is there a better way to do
this?

Thanks
Dave

except where the sender states them to be the views of Foreshore Limited.
This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to hostmaster at foreshore.net