[rt-users] 3.8.1rc5: dashboard subscription problems

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Mon Aug 18 20:34:02 EDT 2008

I've been salivating over one of the new additions Jesse described in
the RT 3.8 announcement: "Here at Best Practical, we used this feature
to send daily updates on the progress of the RT 3.8 release to the whole
team -- complete with a list of open critical issues and a recap of all
the issues resolved in the past day." But I can't seem to get it
working. Is installation of RT::CronTool required?

Problem 1:
I've configured a subscription on a 'Personal Dashboard' with a single
saved search (all open tickets) to be sent to me at 2pm (1400) daily.
I've tried leaving the email address blank and I've tried explicitly
specifying an address; likewise, I've also tried specifying GMT instead
of local time. Regardless, mail never gets sent, and I can't find any
log entries that would appear to explain why. I've tried leaving the
email address blank and I've tried explicitly specifying an address.

The only Dashboard-related log entry I see at all occurs on creation of
a new Dashboard:

        Aug 18 17:36:06 snafu RT: No privacy provided to RT::Dashboard=HASH(0xbeb4134)->_CurrentUserCan

RT_Siteconfig has:
        Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');

Problem 2:
No matter what day I set for a weekly subscription, the Dashboards
summary screen shows it as being Monday. (If I click on the link titled
"weekly (on Monday) at 12:00"  I am taken to the "modify the
subscription" screen which does show e.g. Thursday in the dropdown, so
this may be a purely cosmetic bug... but because of Problem 1 I don't
know for sure. :-)

      * RT 3.8.1rc5
      * RTFM 2.2.1
      * mysql 4.1.20
      * perl 5.8.5,
      * DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.54
      * x86 CentOS 4.6.

	Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer,
		Ole

PS. I just *knew* that as soon as I installed a release candidate, BP
would come out with 3.8.1 final. :-/
-
/Ole Craig
Security Engineer