[rt-users] solution for auto-setting values on new tickets

Andrew Libby alibby at tangeis.com
Tue Aug 19 11:38:35 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I'm using RT, and use a variety of custom fields.
I'd like to have the queue, and some default values for
custom fields set on tickets "automagically".  The ideal
solution for me would be to set the queue based on a lookup
in some data that relates queues to email domains, or
whole email addresses.  Then custom fields like customer,
billing rate, owner, etc could be set at the same time.

I seem to be spending more and more time maintaining these
fields.  I'd love a solution to this issue.  I've
experimented with scrips, but never really got it down.

I imagine others have dealt with the likes of this before?

Most of our tickets are created via the mail gateway, so
either a replacement for, or enhancement to that would be
ideal.

I'm not above writing something myself provided I'm not
re-inventing.

Thanks!

Andy

Tangeis, LLC