[rt-users] Move RT instance to new server

Tom Smith aliase573201 at mac.com
Tue Aug 19 17:08:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

I need to move an RT 3.6.6 install from one server to another. I've
been looking for instructions for doing this but haven't been abel to
locate any.

Without any documentation, the migration path that I've worked out is
this...

- Install RT 3.6.6 on the new server.
- Copy RT_SiteConfig.pm and any other customizations (such as those
in /opt/rt3/local) to the new server.
- Dump and restore the MySQL database to the new server.

Can anyone offer any input on this? Am I missing anything? Anything
else that I should consider prior to moving RT over?

Thanks in advance for your help!

~ Tom