[rt-users] [rt-mailgate] "--action comment" not commenting

Tyler Knappe knappe at visionlink.org
Wed Aug 20 10:33:10 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am running RT 3.6.3 using fetchmail to retrieve messages from our mail
server. I have two email addresses setup to receive mail, rt at vl.org and
comment at vl.org.  Within the fetchmail config file rt at vl.org correctly
uses '--action correspond' to make a ticket within RT.  However, when
sending mail to comment at vl.org it doesn't seem to correctly use the
'--action comment' to comment on tickets, rather it never comments and
only corresponds, creating new tickets.

Though rt-mailgate shows this:

=item Action

The action being performed. At the moment, it's one of "comment" or
"correspond"

I've isolated it to rt-mailgate, ruling out the mail server and
fetchmail.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Tyler

--
Tyler Knappe  |  IT Assistant  |  VisionLink  |  First National Center  |  3101 Iris Avenue, Suite 240  |  Boulder CO, 80301  |  303.402.0170 ext. 124