[rt-users] 3.8 GraphViz

Roy Sowa Roy.Sowa at rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Wed Aug 20 14:38:26 EDT 2008

I cannot seem to get the GraphViz working properly...
I am trying to migrate from 3.6.5 to the 3.8.rc5...
the issues that I have are:
1. I seem to require copying /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/RichText/FCKeditor/fckstyles.xml up one directory.
    if I do not do this, when I try to add a comment or a reply to a ticket the dialogue box is not accessible...
    When I looked at the html source it indicated /RichText/fckstyles... so that is why I tried copying the file up one directory...then things worked...
     I mentioned this earlier on the list when I first attempted 3.8.0,  Jesse mentioned that dhandler should automagically handle this, ( it was the least of my early challenges ), but this  still exists even on my    latest numerous attempts. (I mention it because it may be related )

2.  I had version 3.8.rc3 working ( with the above kludge in place so things appeared to be working)  and thought I would experiment with the GraphViz feature...
      This also sorta works... I just cannot get it to draw the relational images , I just get an "unknown icon" image.
       If I click on the icon , I do get taken back to the record, and if I select the "fill boxes with ... " something  the proper information  boxes  appear in the Legends area..

     I  tried using different browsers,  ugraded the GraphViz and GD...still no luck....

 I am running on SUSE  and have used the following configure:
     ./configure --enable-graphviz --enable-gd --enable-gpg

I assume that both above issues are my install attempt related. I  have tried numerous re-installs and even a brand new clean ( ie no old database or customizations ) but the result is the same...

Any hints at how I got myself in the weeds...( and how to get out of the them !!!)

PS: I am running lighttpd with the below

/usr/bin/perl ./sbin/rt-test-dependencies --verbose --install --with-mysql --with-fastcgi
perl:
        >=5.8.3(5.8.8)...found
users:
        rt group (www)...found
        bin owner (root)...found
        libs owner (root)...found
        libs group (bin)...found
        web owner (nobody)...found
        web group (www)...found
CLI dependencies:
        Term::ReadKey...found
        Getopt::Long >= 2.24...found
        HTTP::Request::Common...found
        Term::ReadLine...found
        Text::ParseWords...found
        LWP...found
CORE dependencies:
        Class::ReturnValue >= 0.40...found
        Text::Quoted >= 2.02...found
        CSS::Squish >= 0.06...found
        Encode >= 2.13...found
        Module::Versions::Report >= 1.05...found
        MIME::Entity >= 5.425...found
        DBI >= 1.37...found
        Locale::Maketext::Lexicon >= 0.32...found
        Devel::StackTrace >= 1.19...found
        Digest::base...found
        Time::ParseDate...found
        File::Temp >= 0.18...found