[rt-users] 3.8 GraphViz

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 20 14:52:28 EDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 2:38 PM, Roy Sowa wrote:

> I cannot seem to get the GraphViz working properly...
> I am trying to migrate from 3.6.5 to the 3.8.rc5...

Any reason not to use the official 3.8.1?

> the issues that I have are:
> 1. I seem to require copying /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/RichText/
> FCKeditor/fckstyles.xml up one directory.
>    if I do not do this, when I try to add a comment or a reply to a
> ticket the dialogue box is not accessible...
>    When I looked at the html source it indicated /RichText/
> fckstyles... so that is why I tried copying the file up one
> directory...then things worked...
>     I mentioned this earlier on the list when I first attempted
> 3.8.0,  Jesse mentioned that dhandler should automagically handle
> this, ( it was the least of my early challenges ), but this  still
> exists even on my    latest numerous attempts. (I mention it because
> it may be related )

You mention in your PS the most important thing - you use lighttpd

It sounds like you've told lighttpd to not run Mason under NoAuth
rather than NoAuth/images, or that mason
and the lighttpd dhandler aren't playing well together.  You should
instrument the dhandler and try to
figure out what is happening

You should not need to copy fckstyles.xml around, feel free to look at
rt3.fsck.com for an example of
it working fine (under apache and fcgi)

> 2.  I had version 3.8.rc3 working ( with the above kludge in place
> so things appeared to be working)  and thought I would experiment
> with the GraphViz feature...
>      This also sorta works... I just cannot get it to draw the
> relational images , I just get an "unknown icon" image.
>       If I click on the icon , I do get taken back to the record,
> and if I select the "fill boxes with ... " something  the proper
> information  boxes  appear in the Legends area..

What showed up in your logs?  It sounds like there should be an
error.  These images are dynamically
generated by RT, do you need to configure lighttpd differently to
support that?

-kevin