[rt-users] ACLs to create tickets with custom fields

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 21 13:24:59 EDT 2008

Jerrad,

	Actually, the "ModifyCustomField" privilege doesn't have anything to do
with creating tickets. When a ticket is created, an
OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES table record (where the value of the CF for that
ticket is held) is created automatically for that ticket for each custom
field applied to the queue the ticket resides in, provided that there is
a value for that custom field for that ticket. The "ModifyCustomField"
privilege allows a user to put a value into that CF for that ticket. If
a ticket is created and no value is given for a particular CF, then the
OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES record is NOT created. If, at a later date/time,
a user with that privilege goes into the ticket and enters a value for
that CF, then the OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES record is created. The
OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES table record has a key (OBJECTID) to each ticket
it is holding values for. I hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL