[rt-users] Is there a howto on setting up GPG w/ RT-3.8.0?

Charlie Reddington charlie.reddington at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:05:06 EDT 2008

I have gotten RT 3.8.0 working pretty well. It so far is doing
everything I want except one thing. Which comes more from my lack of
understanding how GPG works with RT.

I have read the docs on how gpg works, and what sort of configs I need
to do for RT, but I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my head
around what needs to  be done.

I really rather not be hand held the whole way here but I can barely
find any real documentation on how to get GPG functionality working,
so I must ask for some hand holding.

Really What I need to know are the following.

1.) What GPG files does RT look for? I could just recreate my own
GnuPG folder but I'm not really sure if this is correct.
2.) What configuration options are needed to encrypt email messages?
( We have a mixed environment here that most of our users encrypt
email, but outsiders don't. )

This is my only options I have in my RT_SiteConfig.PM as far as GPG is
concerned.

Set(%GnuPG, Enable=>1, OutgoingMessagesFormat=>RFC,
EncryptDataInDb=>0,);
Set(%GnuPGOptions, homedir=>'/usr/local/rt-3.8.0/var/data/gpg',);

Can anyone fill in the blanks here for me?

Charlie