[rt-users] FW: Issues sending mail in fresh RT install

Mitch Sanders Mitch at tekgroup.com.au
Sun Aug 24 20:43:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have just done an install of RT3.6 on debian following this guide -
http://www.debianadmin.com/howto-setup-request-tracker-36-on-debian-etch.html#more-467

Now, I have another instance of RT installed on another machine which has
and is working fine (is running on debian and has the same mail config as
the new box, the only difference is it is freeside (Open source billing and
ticketing system all rolled into one)).

When you go to reply to a ticket on that system, you have an option down the
bottom to choose if the requestor/cc/admincc will receive the response you
post if you tick/untick it. See below pics for more info:

Without options – http://www.tekgroup.com.au/no_options.jpg

With options – http://www.tekgroup.com.au/with_options.jpg

Now, I have gone into the working RT system and mirrored the permissions for
the queue/user/group onto the RT system that has just been built without any
such luck.

I have also set in the RT config file to send mail using “sendmail” as is
set in the current working RT system and still no such luck.

Any help or direction to fix this problem would be highly appricated.

Cheers,
Mitch