[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.4.6

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 25 11:13:13 EDT 2008

On Aug 25, 2008, at 10:37 AM, Dawid Trojanowski wrote:

> Ok I had been given a task to update the Request Tracker, the
> problem is the older version is 3.0.11 and the person who managed it
> left without any information so I had to analyze as much as possible.
>
> Here is the information:
>
> Old RT system;
>
> Debian (no clue what version)
> Apache 1.3 version
> Mysql 4.x
> RT 3.0.11
>
> New RT system:
>
> CentOS 5 on VMWare system
> Apache 2.x
> Mysql 5.x
> RT 3.4.6 (tried 3.8.0, web ui was very flaky)

I suspect that any trouble you're going to have with RT 3.8, you'll
also have with older, no longer supported versions.

But, if you're concerned that RT 3.8 isn't ready for you yet, I might
recommend RT 3.6, the previous stable release, rather than RT 3.4
which was last updated two years ago.

> So I managed to install the new RT 3.4.6 just fine without any issues.
> Tested it and worked only one problem the ‘Tools’ ran into errors.
>
> error:
> Undefined subroutine &Scalar::Util::weaken called at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/
> Action/Generic.pm line 108.

A quick search of the list archives will turn up your answer.